With Lancôme announcing that they’d be creating 18 shades for their new Teint Idole Ultra 24h foundation, I popped over to their counter in Selfridges so I could get to know a bit more about the foundation and whether they had a match for my own skin tone. It’s refreshing to see that Lancôme are finally catering to a wider range of skin tones and with models Arlenis Sosa and Hanaa Ben Abdesslem hailing from the Dominican Republic and Tunisia behind the campaign, it’s clear to see that Lancôme mean business!
I was matched with the Beige Praline shade, a gorgeous light milk chocolate shade that works pretty well for my skin tone. I go for foundations that promise a glow, hence why I absolutely love NARS’ Sheer Glow but after trying the Teint Idole Ultra, it’ll definitely be the foundation I reach for when I need a matte complexion. I’ve found matte foundations to be cakey and incredibly obvious but does it look like I’m wearing a foundation with Teint Idole Ultra? Nope!
Why I love the Teint Idole Ultra 24h:
- Medium to heavy coverage and enough to cover imperfections like small scars and blemishes but it’s unbelievably light and almost has the consistency of a tinted moisturiser.
- Leaves your skin so matte that you wouldn’t really need a powder afterwards.
- A make-up artist will sit you down, assess your skin tone, picks the right foundation for you and gives you a weeks sample to try.
- The foundation is budge free, lasts for hours upon hours (at least 15 hours for me) and blends so well into the skin so you’re not left with a cakey complexion.
- Foundations for me are too light, too dark, too yellow or too orange (finding the right foundation can be the bane of my love for make-up!) but this baby seamlessly worked into my natural skin tone.
- It’s transfer resistant which is good news for those who’ve had enough of seeing foundation marks on their clothes. Perfect for when you’re wearing white!
- The EternalSoft technology, which has been researched into for 8 years, is the reason that the foundation left my skin impeccably smooth and velvety.
- Sounds strange, but it smells so flowery and rosey. I’ve never come across a foundation that smells so good!
So whether you’re Egyptian, Indian, Somali, Israeli or Jamaican, there’ll definitely be a shade to suit you so make sure you go to your nearest Lancome counter to get yourself colour matched and check out why I love Teint Idole Ultra 24h yourself!
Guest Post by Hafsa from Muslimah Beauty be sure to check out her fabulous blogRead More